I just finished reading 'The Fault In Our Stars'. And I must admit, it's by far the most beautiful story I have come across. It changed my views about Life, about Love and Cancer. Prior to reading, I had always sympathised with cancer patients. The word, in itself, brought in with it a feeling of hurt, of sorrow. I felt bad at looking cancer affected kids, or for that matter, anyone who had to go throught that hell.
But this book, it threw light on subtle yet important qualities these people possess that we normally don't notice. It showed me the strength and 'love for life' these people show. It left me completely out of words, to be honest.
They are people who have had Death knock at their doors, and they are the people who asked Death to leave them alone because they aren't giving up. They are fighters, they fight for their breath every moment. They fight for their loved ones, for their lives and they don't need our symapthy. All they need is compassion, for they are the 'brave souls', way braver than we can ever be.
There is so much to learn from them. Where we see only Darkness, they see a ray of Light, of Hope. They don't live with the fear of tomorrow, they live in today. They await a tomorrow which most of them are uncertain of, but which they most certainly deserve.
They are the most beautiful and courageous of souls that God has ever created. Because they are people who don't just exist, they LIVE. And they change lives that are surrounding them. Let's hope the day comes soon, when cancer will be just another zodiac sign!
Amen. <3
1 comment:
you have told every little thing about how strong and brave they are . My heart goes to them <3 even i hope the day comes soon when cancer is no longer there. amen <3
Post a Comment