The phone rang thrice before it was answered. Seher had to hold back her giggles before she spoke up.
"Happy birthday, baby girl. I love you!" Seher's excitement was evident in her voice.
"Seher, how many more times will you wish me? Come over, already!" Sia spoke, equally excited.
"Uh, Sia, about that. I'm so sorry but I won't be able to attend your birthday."
"What? You always do this to me! I don't wanna talk to you." The line went dead.
Seher snickered as she put her phone back on the table.
"She's pretty cross at me right now, so let's prepone the party by an hour."
"Your best friend, your choice." Diya stuck her tongue out at Seher.
Seher took a glance at the living room and smiled. She and her friends had planned this surprise party for far too long and finally it was being worked on. Roshni and Evelyn were sticking the balloons around and Diya was working on the ceiling decoration. Seher's work was done here, so left the three girls in the living room and went into the kitchen. She still couldn't get over the fact that she was making her sister bake the cake, once again. It was just so funny.
"Cake ready, Nish?" She asked, teasingly.
"You find this very amusing, don't you? Always making me bake the cake." Nisha looked at her sister accusatively.
"No! I just love the cakes you make." Seher planted a kiss on Nisha's cheek.
"This you're very good at." Nisha said, shaking her head.
She sighed in relief and looked at the cake on the kitchen counter. As she had planned, it was perfect. She walked out of the kitchen, to check on what the girls were doing.
"Alright, girls. Pull up your socks, we need to work quickly."
"Nish, you got flour on your face." Evelyn giggled. "Here, let me get it."
"How can anyone get flower on their face?" Roshni made a face.
"Rosh, seriously, shut up!" Everyone spoke in unison.
Once the whole decoration and cake baking were taken care of, it left them with one last task - bringing the birthday girl over. Of course Seher couldn't go, so it left the other girls in charge.
"I don't think I'm good at convincing, so not me." Roshni shrugged.
"As long as you don't want someone to bring her chained and blindfolded, count me out." Diya scratched the back of her head.
"Wow, you two. Way to go." Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Nish, maybe we both should go?"
Nisha nodded.
"Probably, yes. Nish and Evie are good at convincing." Seher smiled.
She was happy that her plan had worked out so well. Until now, at least. Once they left to bring Sia over, Seher had to get her gift ready, she remembered. It had taken her not much time to decide the gift. She had known Sia for a long time and it was easy to choose gifts for her. For all her friends, really. That was one of the reasons she loved them for, for being so easy-going.
An hour passed and Sia was there. She was looking so happy, it was like a boost for Seher's smile. She went over and hugged her best friend.
Roshni and Diya brought in a piece of the cake and smeared it all over Sia's face. Evelyn and Seher started laughing.
Girls! Don't do that! Ew! Nisha kept shouting, but she was barely heard.
More slices went on the faces. Evelyn was about to hit Roshni's face with a slice when she stopped her.
"Wait! There's cherry on that." And Roshni picked the cherry out and put it in her mouth. "Now, hit me."
Everyone started laughing so hard. Seher glanced over at Sia and smiled at her.
"I'm sorry I lied to you. And I hope you liked this." She half-shrugged.
"I love it, you idiot. You're so sweet! I love you!" Sia hugged Seher back, tight.
"Me too. We all do! Always."
"Always!" They all agreed.
3 comments:
:) birthdays are special with friends :)
Yeah, seriously! :')
😢
Post a Comment