Total Pageviews

Friday, 10 July 2015

Kellogg's Chocos ke saath 'Khuljaye Bachpan'

Family is the first kind of human interaction a child has. So when his family becomes his/her closest buddies, the kid will definitely learn how to respect relationships. A loving family, a well meaning parent can change a kid's life drastically. It all comes down to how a kid is with his family or close ones, that defines his future.

I'm a single child and both my parents work. There hasn't been a single person who I've met who wasn't concerned about me for being a single kid. 'You must feel so lonely,' 'how do you manage not getting bored,' 'you have to learn how to share with others,' ; people are ever ready with their remarks. But to be honest, I've never had to feel lonely or like I need someone else to play with. Not once have my parents made me feel any more pampered than a child deserves. And so, I've never felt the so called void in my life, the absence of a sibling or a playmate.

My mother was and still is my best friend, I see myself going to her no matter what the situation is. I feel at ease with my father when I need to ask him for anything. They are more like friends and less like parents, to be honest.
This closeness has helped me over years when I wanted to make new friends. And at times when I couldn't make friends or did not like the people around me, I was still fine because I knew I had my parents to go home to.
This kind of an environment helps us to deal with every kind of situations, we almost always know how an elder person's mind works because we know our parents well.

My mother was my first teacher (she's actually a teacher) and I learnt to respect teachers from a very young age, thanks to her. My dad helped a great deal in boosting my self confidence, as he still does. He is and will always be my first hero. This kind of an attachment leads to many happy moments and leaves no place for loneliness. And for a single kid to not know the meaning of loneliness, that's a huge thing.

To note down a few moments, when I was about five or six, I could barely spell the names of my friends. But my mom helped me with the spellings and when I crosschecked the names, they'd be always be right. I was too naive to understand that grown ups could spell better, it was simply magical for me. My mom did play the joke on me for a quite a while before she spilled the beans and taught me how to spell. Now, I find my mom coming to me when she comes across a new word, instead of referring a dictionary.
My mother helped me start writing by encouraging me to keep a journal. She literally helped me in finding my talent. She taught me how to play cards, in return to which I taught her to play solitaire on the computer.
And my dad, he is the one who got me to read, especially mysteries and thrillers. He'd read to me when I was little, even when I barely understood the stories, thus seeding in me the love for reading. And I introduced my dad to the world of classics.

When I look back on those days, I find my parents with me in every phase. I realise that they were everything I wanted - parents, caretakers, friends, teachers. So I've to be thankful to my parents for the wonderful memories, for being such great parents and for all the love they've showered on me.




1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Featured post

#37 Who am I?

'Tell me,' he said. 'Who are you?' She smiled. 'I'm an open book about a mystery you cannot solve. I'm the r...