Total Pageviews

Saturday, 3 March 2018

#52 Etched in my heart.

It's been quite a while since I stopped believing in love. But when it starts to feel like I am losing parts of me, I'm drawn towards the few memories that I have kept of you. I sift through the pages of my old diaries to find poems I had written about you. Those words that I had put together with a conviction, and the undying faith I had in love amuses me now. Because the kind of love I once sought after, is the very kind that scares me to my bones now. And I'm often left thinking I'm better off without you; because my love for you made me vulnerable. And neither of us wore vulnerability like a cape, we saw it as a hindrance. Over the years I have lost faith in the existence of the kind of love that I once believed we shared. Yet I catch myself off guard, thinking that if love existed, it would look like you.
- shwethabhat /Etched in my heart/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:') beautiful
Simply Beautiful ❤

thisisshwethabhat said...

Thank you! ;_;❤️

kalaa shree said...

really nice

thisisshwethabhat said...

Thank you very much! 😄

Featured post

#37 Who am I?

'Tell me,' he said. 'Who are you?' She smiled. 'I'm an open book about a mystery you cannot solve. I'm the r...