Total Pageviews

Thursday, 8 March 2018

#54 The strength in letting go.

Every time we went out into the woods, I would watch him lose sight of everything else and focus on the things that spoke to him. He would capture the most beautiful pictures, and he always had a reason behind each photograph he took.
When he told me I was ready, and asked me to take photographs of the things I found beautiful, I smiled. I picked up a fallen dandelion and took a picture. He laughed, and asked me what beauty I saw in a dead flower whose seeds were long blown away. Without looking up from the flower, I sighed. "How hard must it be for the flower to part with its seeds, and yet it does so every time. These dandelions taught me to let go of things when it's time, no matter how hard it seems. They taught me the solace you find after letting go; and that, to me, is beautiful."
- shwethabhat /let go/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow . :0000 ��

thisisshwethabhat said...

Thank you. 🙃

Featured post

#37 Who am I?

'Tell me,' he said. 'Who are you?' She smiled. 'I'm an open book about a mystery you cannot solve. I'm the r...