Total Pageviews

Sunday, 18 January 2015

The Pawed Angels!

I recently came across this saying, "Dogs are angels with fur instead of wings."
As beautiful as it can get, isn't it? It's obvious that I love dogs, even to strangers apparently. I'm often found stating dogs are better than humans and I still root for it. And here are a few reasons listed.
A dog can be loyal, loving, compassionate and a companion, all at once, throughout his life. Humans? Not so much.
The never ending energy, the love for a simple ball game, the crazy lopsided grin. Unmatchable!
And don't even get me started on their unwavering faith in their humans. As if a dog's motto for life is to show us, humans, how to love unconditionally.

When I say this I might be talking for a lot of people, life changes dramatically once you own a dog. Our schedules change, our perspectives change. It's almost like having new kids. Only dogs never grow up. Their abundant energy might wear off over the years, but their craziness stays as long as they do.
My mother gets hysterical when I go about feeding/petting stray dogs around my place. She often wonders why I go play with them when I have my own dog? It's pretty simple really, I can never get enough of them. More the puppies, merrier it gets for me.
But frankly, there's nothing in this world that can match my love for my dog. I might've named him Lucky, but it's me who got lucky. I wouldn't lie and say he's the best dog, in fact he misbehaves more often than a notorious child would. It's hard to contain his energy, harder still to keep things away from him because he's too smart for his own good. But no matter how determined you are to give him an earful, he always gets away with a wag of his tail.
It always breaks my heart when I have to leave him back on my way to hostel. And it makes my week worth when I return home for the weekend and see that crazy look on his face. That 'I'll-forgive-you-for-leaving-me-if-you-promise-to-play' look makes me feel more loved than anything else could. It's funny how I miss his incessant barking or the 'doggy' smell or his tail slaps the moment I'm away from home.
 I wonder if it's okay to say he's equal to all of my close friends put together?

Well, my only complaint is about their short lives. I mean, if they can change a person's life and make him so much better, what all could have been accomplished if they lived a little longer. The world would totally be a better place to live in. Or maybe we wouldn't love them as much if they lived longer. I can't say.
But indeed, they were created to make our lives better. Their mere existence fills our lives with so much happiness. If only they could live longer, if only.

No comments:

Featured post

#37 Who am I?

'Tell me,' he said. 'Who are you?' She smiled. 'I'm an open book about a mystery you cannot solve. I'm the r...