I looked at those very eyes I had sworn my love to,
The ones I had thought I was born to fall for,
And remembered how when I laughed in the dark,
They had once upon a time, outshone the stars.
I looked at those eyes I once couldn't look away from,
The ones that followed me even amidst a crowd,
And remembered how when I had sat up crying at night,
They had once upon a time, tried to heal my wounds.
I looked at those eyes that had pulled me in for a fall,
The ones that had looked at me as if I were a mural,
And remembered how when I started fading in the edges,
They had once upon a time, tried to paint me in red again.
I looked at those eyes that had once filled my senses,
The ones that I had spent ages trying to not forget,
And remembered how when I had finally given up on love,
They had once upon a time, looked away in sheer disgust.
I looked at those eyes, after so many years today,
The ones I had spent a lifetime searching for,
But I turned away, as soon as they met my gaze
As I remembered how when they had turned away from me,
They had forgotten to mirror the remorse etched in mine.
The ones I had thought I was born to fall for,
And remembered how when I laughed in the dark,
They had once upon a time, outshone the stars.
I looked at those eyes I once couldn't look away from,
The ones that followed me even amidst a crowd,
And remembered how when I had sat up crying at night,
They had once upon a time, tried to heal my wounds.
I looked at those eyes that had pulled me in for a fall,
The ones that had looked at me as if I were a mural,
And remembered how when I started fading in the edges,
They had once upon a time, tried to paint me in red again.
I looked at those eyes that had once filled my senses,
The ones that I had spent ages trying to not forget,
And remembered how when I had finally given up on love,
They had once upon a time, looked away in sheer disgust.
I looked at those eyes, after so many years today,
The ones I had spent a lifetime searching for,
But I turned away, as soon as they met my gaze
As I remembered how when they had turned away from me,
They had forgotten to mirror the remorse etched in mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment