Have you ever had a friend you'd spent ages trying to befriend? The kind of person who made you wonder what they saw in you to let you get so close, when they did. The kind of person who's so sweet, that everyone loves them but you know love isn't enough for them, that they deserve much more. Yet they keep you around, you can only wonder why. But you know you like them a tad bit more because of it.
The kind of person who brightens up your day with the lamest possible message, and, not to admit to them, leaves a smile on your face for a long time. Who you fight with, who you have such sweet memories with, who contradicts you on everything you believed in, who teaches you so much, who is very easy to be taken granted for but you know never to, who reminds of your shortcomings just for the pleasure of it, who has the weirdest nicknames for you that you find endearing... I could go on and on.
But have you had this kind of person in your life and lost them? Because you were too prude to accept the fact that just because your world revolves around them, doesn't mean theirs has to. I did. Lose that person, that is.
I spent months thinking I was better without them, that I didn't need the person anymore, that I had other friends. But I always knew in the back of my mind that the person who I thought I didn't need was the one I needed the most. The difficult days that followed would've been easier with them, had they been a round to make me understand the situation. But who was to blame for their absence? Yours, truly.
Who'd have known a small message was all it took to bring them back? One message, and everything fell right back into place. The smiles, the happy vibes, the friendly accusations - it was worth letting go of my pride for.
Maybe it was the act of falling apart that showed me what it meant to have them around. Maybe we needed that (I surely did) to realize what we had is special and not worth letting go of. So here's to you, darling. For a friendship worth more than the stars. Thank you for everything, especially for letting me be myself and never judging me. (:
The kind of person who brightens up your day with the lamest possible message, and, not to admit to them, leaves a smile on your face for a long time. Who you fight with, who you have such sweet memories with, who contradicts you on everything you believed in, who teaches you so much, who is very easy to be taken granted for but you know never to, who reminds of your shortcomings just for the pleasure of it, who has the weirdest nicknames for you that you find endearing... I could go on and on.
But have you had this kind of person in your life and lost them? Because you were too prude to accept the fact that just because your world revolves around them, doesn't mean theirs has to. I did. Lose that person, that is.
I spent months thinking I was better without them, that I didn't need the person anymore, that I had other friends. But I always knew in the back of my mind that the person who I thought I didn't need was the one I needed the most. The difficult days that followed would've been easier with them, had they been a round to make me understand the situation. But who was to blame for their absence? Yours, truly.
Who'd have known a small message was all it took to bring them back? One message, and everything fell right back into place. The smiles, the happy vibes, the friendly accusations - it was worth letting go of my pride for.
Maybe it was the act of falling apart that showed me what it meant to have them around. Maybe we needed that (I surely did) to realize what we had is special and not worth letting go of. So here's to you, darling. For a friendship worth more than the stars. Thank you for everything, especially for letting me be myself and never judging me. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment